Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Maths Physics Seminar

The title of today's talk is "Illusion of space-time and quantum mechanics (QM)" given by Professor Pavel K. Smrz from University of Newcastle, Australia. For more see this link.

As usual, I went to University de Montreal (UdEM) using metro subways since I can't stand to walk up the hill to the seminar room. And before the seminar started, I just noticed there is a conference given in CRM (Center of Mathematical Research), UdEM which is in 2007 that have a participant from Malaysia. The topic was heavy called

Groups and Symmetries: From Neolitics Scots to John Mackay"

This participant from Malaysia is known to be my former supervisor's colleague who her Phd advisor was Professor Leon Takhtajan from SUNY Stony Brook, New York. Prof. Takhtajan is one of the speaker in EQuaLS1.

I was so impressed that Malaysia do have a representative in this kind of I might say difficult area. John Mackay on the other hand is a very famous mathematician with his works on computation group theory and also Galois theory related from Concordia whom I met before during my Lie group class last winter 2008 (see this post). To be honest I was really inspired by these people.

No comments: