Today I had a meeting with my supervisor at around 10.30 am. He was asking of how I'm doing so far in Montreal and how's my classes which. I just tell him the truth regarding my approximation theory class which I found most difficult to absorb if compared to my PDE class. Though I can follow during classes, however when it comes to proof a theorem I am totally stuck. I told P. Ali regarding my lack of mathematical proving stuffs and he gave me a notes call mathematical thinking. It is a very straight forward notes which meant to be for the undergraduate level (college to be exact) as a preparation for them to take mathematics in university level. I got a chance to view a bit of the notes while I'm sitting in the metro on my way back to Verdun and I found out that there's a lot of stuff especially techniques to learn when you're dealing with maths. It tells you how exactly all the questions of why, what is maths doing.
OK...just forget about that coz I'm going to be stuck myself to that notes for the rest of my next week. So during my meeting with P. Ali also, we've decided that we will have a weekly meeting together every Friday morning and that will be the time for me to ask, reporting and what ever it is that I found appropriate to say to him. Its like it will be the time for us to get along with. Meaning also that, I need to be all set before getting into his room on that particular Friday.
Another thing is that I finally or officially get my core subject to focus on as part of a mathematical physics acquire. For instance I need to have some expertise on group theory, differential geometry, functional analyses and hilbert space. Together with this the quantum theory stuff will also be included. Or its more to quantum mechanics.
The mystery of my overall core research area is finally announced. I hope that I am capable to learn the above topics and lets the hard time begin...
OK...just forget about that coz I'm going to be stuck myself to that notes for the rest of my next week. So during my meeting with P. Ali also, we've decided that we will have a weekly meeting together every Friday morning and that will be the time for me to ask, reporting and what ever it is that I found appropriate to say to him. Its like it will be the time for us to get along with. Meaning also that, I need to be all set before getting into his room on that particular Friday.
Another thing is that I finally or officially get my core subject to focus on as part of a mathematical physics acquire. For instance I need to have some expertise on group theory, differential geometry, functional analyses and hilbert space. Together with this the quantum theory stuff will also be included. Or its more to quantum mechanics.
The mystery of my overall core research area is finally announced. I hope that I am capable to learn the above topics and lets the hard time begin...
No comments:
Post a Comment