Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday

What so special about Wednesday. I intentionally post something today just to highlight how the Wednesday effect myself. I haven't think of this before. Just recently.

Monday; we usually very excited as it is the beginning of the week. Also most of us feel usually fresh and energetic. Full of ideas and plenty of plans for the rest of the week.

While Friday tends to higher the energetic level of person even 'more'. Because most of us wanted to enjoy the weekend the most. With lots of free time activities. The not so good about this day is as it brings closer the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) , the mood or level of focusing within works or tasks during the day kind of decreasing. During the Summer, the office hour on Friday is just until 1 p.m. So people here does celebrate the weekend at their very best.

So how about Wednesday. First, lets highlight its special property. It was a day which divide the week into a symmetric order. So by having this kind of property I might say that, it rank on how fast the week will be gone or how far yet the week is still moving.

I'm talking this because, my usual meeting and discussion with my adviser usually happens on Wednesday. But this week I'm having my meeting yesterday. And it is very fortunate for me to do so since the rest of the week is not a good time of having a meeting with my adviser. He had other things to do. I found out if I'm having a meeting before Wednesday I feel like I have all the time to work on what I'm suppose to do before the coming of the new week after. If I met my adviser especially on Friday, I felt like the time is too short as usually Monday or Wednesday I have to update my progress again.

I also noticed that weekends fly by just like that. Perhaps like a speed of light. And the Monday is again so eager to show up and thus the normal thing you do is going to start all over again.

Having said all these, I plan to keep myself busy and focus, as I try as much as I can to at least meet my adviser twice a week. And I'm using the Wednesday as my monitoring day. If I managed to discuss before Wednesday, there's a big chance I can meet him again on let say Thursday or Friday. At least. So twice per week is somehow realizable.

I've met him yesterday and my next meeting is on Monday. So by not counting the weekend I still have two days to work on my case. I think there's a lot of time. So lets move on.

P/S-Friday for me, just shorten my time even faster. It's how my mind think of it.

No comments: