Thursday, November 13, 2008

Math Physics Seminar

We had our very first of Math Physics Seminar of this fall term. The seminar was given by a visitor from Palermo University. His talk was on SUSY, intertwining operators and related vector coherent states. It was a nice feeling that the group who also attend this seminar is quite a number of people. Some were from other universities as well (the group of physics and mathematics).

For the first part of the seminar, I can actually follow the speaker and his content. His talked very clear and slow (I think this is why I found that one of the audience fell asleep) . He touched on the
operator of the hamiltonian and stuff like that in quantum mechanics. The idea of susy QM came from when you can find other hamiltonian like H_{2}, H_{3} and so on when you already have your H_{1}. This is what he called the partner of hamiltonian operator. He later relate the idea with the coherent states which is closely related to what my supervisor is working on. And at this point I lost count. hehe...

At the end in the QnA session, the professor who actually fell asleep during the seminar was being the first one to ask. Oh oo...

No comments: