Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Discussion #25

For our Quantum Theory Group Discussion (QTGD) 25 . I was speaker no. 1. and in yesterday topic, I was talking about Types of Modular Forms. Previously I updated on the Well Planned Writing. Also from the same book, I used the Well Planned Talk method.

5 important methods for a well planned talk

  1. Brief Introduction
  2. Main Points
  3. Elaborations plus visual aids
  4. Conclusions
  5. Discussions
I found that after I implement this method my flow of presentation is smooth and direct. Last time, I did focus on important things to highlight to audience and at the same time trying to make my presentation understandable. But usually I can see confuses faces. As my sifu always remind me that, at one point you need to practice before your presentation and also timing yourself. He said that you need to value the audience since they 'sacrifice' their time to sit and hear you talk. And for the first time, I did what he recommended. Twice actually.

And for the result, I'm happy to see few audience wrote down what I've been talking about. It is a nice feeling.

No comments: